By Laura Grimes
Mrs. Scatter is considerably fond of facial hair, and Mr. Scatter’s beard in particular, so she’s concerned what type of shave he has in mind. Let’s hope it’s the farcical kind because we’re blogging in tandem tonight about The Barber of Seville. That’s right, folks …
Live from Portland Opera, it’s Scattering Night!
We’ll be updating our posts as the night goes on, so check back, scroll down and see what’s new!
LIVE FROM ART SCATTER WORLD HEADQUARTERS, 5:35 P.M. FRIDAY, MAY 7, 2010 –
Two hours until Curtain Time: This is a test photo from The Wimpy Camera:
In the meantime, I’ve been boning up:
- This is the second barber show in two nights for the Scatter Family. On Thursday night, they ventured to see Sweeney Todd at Grant High School.
- The Barber of Seville by Gioachino Rossini premiered in 1816 … the same yearÂ Jane Austen’s Emma was published.
- Jennifer Rivera, who plays Rosina, has a kick-in-the-pants blog, and the videos are not to be missed.
- Bob Kingston, who gives the pre-performance talks at Portland Opera, shared this podcast from LA Opera.
- The blog at Portland Opera by Operaman, otherwise known as Stephen Llewellyn, is personable and insightful about opera in general.
- And, thanks to Operaman, that’s where I found my most useful resource, though stink if I can get it to embed:
LIVE FROM KELLER AUDITORIUM, 6:49 P.M. FRIDAY, MAY 7, 2010 –
The wine has arrived, the personal nuts, the pretzels, the cookies …